Monday, October 1, 2007

West Sides Got Talent

Last night was the Charm City West Sides Got Talent show, it was quite the night, the kids had fun, pastor had fun and we had fun, that's all that matters really. At the end of the night we were all winners :)! The kids never cease to amaze me, no one really practiced when we gave them the opportunies, but they were all for the most part prepared, even some of the kids who weren't signed up participated. We then had an ice cream party for them downstairs! I can't tell you enough how the highlights of my job include the giggles and laughter of kids who are being loved on by the amazing people I've been blessed with as volunteers! I feel like the luckiest person in the world, when I am surrounded by these kids and volunteers!

So tomorrow we're meeting with a committee from the city, to propose to them several things, one includes the afterschool program, so I spent the afternoon putting together job descriptions, budgets and explaninations about the program, what it would offer etc. I am so excited for the meeting tomorrow, it might be the answer to prayer.

I'm also in the process of picking a student leadership team, I've asked one of the students to help me with this team, I've thought of seven kids I think would be good candidates and asked him to think of six, and together we'll put together the team. I am excited for the opportunities that these kids can have as leaders in the church, in Metro Kidz and in the community. The hard part write now is writing the leadership contract and make them understand that adhering to this contract is VERY important! But it's going to be exciting once it's up and running!

Well there's not much to write about, there are somethings you can continue to pray about, I am meeting with the Missions Task Force at Grace a week from today so you can pray about that I am excited to share my heart and experiences with them as well as propose being supported by Grace as a missionary. You can also pray for a calm heart about finances, I know God will provide for me, what He knows I need, but I have never been in this kind of situation, so I'm learning. Thanks friends for all the love and prayers!

Also don't forget if you're ever in the area and want to stop by please let me know :)!

No comments: