Thursday, October 11, 2007

Police, Miss Val and Prayers

So I didn't have time to update yesterday, but something pretty fantastic happened on Tuesday night, I was able to buy lunch for Mr. George and Miss Val on Tuesday, which sparked an amazing conversation later that day. As Crystal and I were pulling back up for the Core meeting on Tuesday night Miss Val gave me a big hug told me she was so thankful for the food, we asked if we could pray for her and we did. Then she started crying and telling us that she wanted help, she wanted a new life, to leave behind her addiction, to make a better life for her kids, and do something. So as we stood there and cried with her we promised to find her help, and so that's what I've been doing the past couple of days. It looks like I might have found a couple of options, if they work out I am going to be so excited for her because it's such an answer to prayer.

It's been a little nuts down at the church, last night the police were out in full force, it sucks, and I really just wish they'd come visit Metro Kidz on a Wednesday night and try to break down the barriers between them and my kids

So there is so much more to write about but I just don't have the time today so here are somethings you can pray about:

*For Miss Val and that God would do a wonderful work in her life.
*Her children
*Miss Rosa Lee and her daughter and grandaughter
*Fat-Man
*Shawntay
*Khadejah
*Shanika
*Pastor Mike and Family.

No comments: