Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Praying for "MA", school, Kids

My heart has been heavy for a few weeks now for a woman we'll call MA, MA is amazing, she's a recovering addict who's slipped back into her old habits, but before she could get too far in realized she needed help. She did all the work to get into a 30 day live in program and after a week, they told her that her insurance would not cover more than a week of treatment and off they sent her. This woman, is a mom, a grandmom, a friend, a servant and many other amazing things. When she walked through the doors a week after she left for help my heart dropped, I couldn't help but think she left the program because she wasn't ready, but that was the furthest thing from the truth.

MA wants help more than any other addict I have ever met, last night I noticed she was really upset and she and I had a real conversation, about life, what was going on in hers, what was going on in mine and we cried together embracing each other right there in front of the church. I look at this woman and while I know she has imperfections and struggles as we all do, I can't help but get on my knee's before God and beg for deliverance in her honor. I can't help but beg God to help her find the path of what's right. Last night I listened to her tell several people, I can't go on that street anymore, it gets me in trouble so if you want to see me you have to come to me. She wants help, so I ask you friends, please join me in prayer for MA. Would you please step up on her behalf and ask God to continue to bless her, continue to pull her in the right direction and continue to send people to rally around her?

I visited some of my kids on Monday, who've moved, I just wanted to find out how things were going, if they got settled in and if there was anything they needed, it was then I found out that none of them were going to school and that they'd be starting school because their parents spent all the money on their move, which they HAD to move, it wasn't an option not too. These kids don't have their uniforms, school supplies (which we'll remedy that part tonight) and other misc. things they need to start school. The truth of the matter is, they need to be in school, it breaks my heart no one is making them go, because I highly doubt they'd get in trouble for wearing last year's uniform if that's all they have. I pray that their mom and dad will wake up one day and realize they need to be setting better examples for these kids. Two of the six of them who live in the home currently are doing amazing and need to be in school to continue on that right path, in fact one of them who's a sophmore in high school has already gotten letters offering her scholarships to many colleges. I know I can't solve all of their problems, but I can pray for them and encourage them and do what I can to help meet their needs.

So before I go, I must brag on one of our kids, "J" this kid lacks enthusiasm most of the time, or has a hard time getting excited! However this kid is so faithful, hard-working and loving, he's recently saved and even more recently stepping out on faith to do amazing things! I found out recently his mother is dying of cancer and I pray to God that when she passes on someone takes this child (young man) in and continues to encourage and care for him in the ways he needs. For the past month or so this kid has been helping prepare an apartment for MA, he's shown up faithfully every weekend, never asked for money, never complained about what he's been asked to do and never let the people he's working with down. This child is hungry for love, hungry for jesus and hungry for approval. Last night I started talking with him about school, his family etc. and I got so excited listening to him get excited about something. Ah, I love these moments in minstry, the ones where you see some excel in ways you never imagined. While you're praying for MA, if you could toss up a prayer for "J" that would be awesome as well!

Thanks friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.