Thursday, January 15, 2009

Teaching How to R.A.P. and Let Christ work

All I can say about last night is WOW! The class I have been serving in lately is a combined class of 3-6th grade boys, unfortunately it's sad to have such a wide age gap, but fortunately they work together very well, well last night I taught the class and it was so rewarding! Last week Bryan asked the boys to tell us what they'd like to learn about this year, a few of the boys mentioned prayer and I couldn't help but think about the RAP talk I had given a few years ago, and how I so much wanted to share it with the boys! So that's right last night I taught the boys how to RAP!

Now, I know what you might be thinking, no I didn't Rap, I thought about it, but my creative juices just wouldn't let me, so instead I taught them how to (R) Repent (A) Ask (P) Pray. Repent their sins, ask for forgiveness and then pray and thank God for his forgiveness. I was actually very surprised at two things, one who alert and in tune they were and two how excited they were too look up verses. These boys are amazing, they have been blessed with an amazing leader (Bryan) and now co-leader (Mat), these boys are going to continue to soar!

In other exciting news one of my other amazing leaders (Ms. Crystal) got to see what a difference her investment is making in the lives of her class last night. Crystal leads our 1/2nd grade class, full of the cutest, most talkative kids you'll ever meet, however last night she said her class was amazing and the proceeded to tell me why :)! Last night two of her kids gave their lives to Christ! These are two boys, who I know that Crystal has lifted up in prayer. I am so happy for her and for these boys. I am so excited to watch them grow in Christ and be an example for the rest of their class.

Please join me in prayer for all of our kids, that they'll let Christ in, that we'll be able to watch them grow in Christ and that they'll all be great examples of who Christ is!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You ladies are SO amazing. I love you and I'm praying for you!! Your kids are so lucky!!!