Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Love Night

Last week was probably one of the best nights we've had at Metro Kidz, I know I say that quite often but it's so true! God is really working miracles at Metro Kidz and every week I feel like something more amazing than the prior week happens. Whether it's an amazing teaching moment with my girls, whether it's writing love letters and feeling like someone appreciated what everyone had to say, whether it's serving the kids with everything in me/us or if I just walk away feeling that God used me silently.

This past week we had love night, where most of us wrote love letters to our kids and read them aloud, Aaron (Basch) played music and Terah M. and some girls from Grace came and helped us serve our kids "restaurant" style and a wonderful group of women made all the food for the evening.

As I read my letter and almost burst into tears, I realize how much I really do love what I do, I can not imagine doing anything else. I feel more love from these kids than I feel like I've ever given them...I can't imagine not spending my free time hanging out in the city, or spending Wednesday nights with these kids, even the ones who yell at me, or tell me how horrible I am...

Today as I was driving into the church I just stopped and prayed, specifically in front of three homes, of kids I've met and invited to Metro Kidz, but they've never come I pray God will pull them out and send them.

So I realize this entry is a lot of mumble jumble so please forgive me there's just so much on my heart and I can't really find the words to say it all...

God has been doing some amazing things in my heart and mind lately, He's been calling me out and pulling me out and using me in ways

No comments: