Thursday, February 14, 2008

A detour of sorts...

So I was driving into work today and it's almost if God took me on a detour, I decided instead of going right to work I was going to go over to Hollins street and check out the memorial see if they'd changed it for the holiday or not. As I'm pulling onto the road police cars come out of nowhere, ambulances are schreeching up the street and more than one helicopter is flying overhead, I don't know why God sent me this way today, maybe it's so I could pray, maybe it's so I could meet these two sweet (but broken and confused) girls, one of which I've fallen in love with already and want to work with her to help her get into college and find a job, the other needs some motivation to go to school everyday...everday it's something new, everyday there's heartache and excitement, somedays people scream and yell at me and others people smile and thank me, somedays are hard while others are a piece of cake, but I am SO THANKFUL, that God has picked me to be here...

No comments: