Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hanging by a thread, Police Commisioner and Needs

So last night at Metro Kidz was an interesting one to say the least! The kids were all kinds of wild last night from the time they walked in the door until the time they left. Name calling, things broken, teachers cursed out YIKES! Things thrown, welcome to Metro Kidz, these nights happen. Sometimes I wonder why my friends come back, but I know that God has placed them in my life and ministry to make a difference, teach and learn. I think every week, we all learn something new about each other, about ourselves and about our kids.

I met with the police commissioner and he's going to come speak to the kids, sometime in November. I was very encouraged by his willingness to step out on faith with us, and I only hope and pray that he holds true to his words. That he really does help make a difference in our neighborhood through our kids, we're practically handing him the resources, now he just has to make wise choices regarding them.

So we're getting ready to kick off a busy time at the church. I am so excited about what God is doing there, we have a few needs:

Stockings not the teeny tiny ones, but the small ones
Stocking Stuffers
Candy (candy canes, kisses, chocolates, hard candy etc)
Gloves
Hats
Scarves

Thanks Friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified charmcity-colleen.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://celeberitygossipss.info/bookmarks].[/url][url=http://sportsnewsit.info/].[/url][url=http://motivationalquotesga.info/forum].[/url]

Anonymous said...

It is my first post here, so I would like to say hallo to all of you! It is uncommonly comfort to be adjacent to your community!