Monday, October 20, 2008

You can take em' out of the city...

Wow, it's been a few weeks of fun at MK and I can't wait to post pictures! But for now here are a few highlights of the things that have been happening at Metro Kidz

* Last Wednesday we surprised Pastor Mike with a 'Night of Love' for Pastor Appreciation month, the kids have spent the last two weeks, making books, quilts, boxes, frames and even writing a song for Pastor Mike. He was so encouraged and felt really loved...the night ended with a pizza and cupcake dinner in his honor which was a special treat for all of the kids.

*About a week and a half ago I met Bob Wright from CSTM (Center for Short Term Missions) it was extremely unplanned, but extremely awesome. We met about bringing a missions team from Virginia to Charm City for a day in November. This past week I met the youth pastor Lance Overstreet and one of his trip leaders Dave. I took them on a short walk through the neighborhood and introduced them to some of my kids. We're so excited for them to come back and visit us in a couple of weeks!

*Saturday night we took 12 teens out to the country! You can take the kids out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the kids! The people out there in Walkersville and Thurmont, MD probably have no idea what hit them! There were a few highlights of the night, getting lost in the maze, teaching teenagers who've never in their life made smore's how to do it and then watching them get excited about roasting marshmallows by the fire. Honestly, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. It was a GREAT night, and lots of great memories were made with the kids and Pastor Mike.

*Sunday was our Fall Church Picnic, at Patapsco State Park, it is always a lot of fun, but yesterday was even more special because we got to encourage Pastor Mike some more with encouragement stones...and a bulb to plant, so that whenever it blooms he'll remember how much we love him. Then we spent the day enjoying awesome testimonies, wonderful food and amazing fellowship! I got to spend time with this woman "M" who I have fall in love with and whom I feel so encouraged by. I am so excited to get to know her even more.

*I've had the opportunity to spend sometime outside of Metro Kidz with some of my kids and I just realize more and more what a great opportunity God has presented before me and I am just so excited about the opportunities he continues to place in front of me

No comments: