Wednesday, May 13, 2009

True Ministry...

Several weeks ago, God really laid it on my heart that I should be spending less time planning and more time moving, meaning I need to really be outside more with my kids, really truly getting into the core of their lives. That's been happening, sometimes it's good, sometimes it bad and sometimes I've cried until I can't cry anymore tears, each time I've learned something new about myself and about my kids, each time I've been able to relate or guide them to someone who can relate and help them. God has been continuing to pull me out the place of comfort I've found here and send me to edge some days. I've gotten to share hugs, laughter, tears of joy, tears of pain and tears of hurt with my kids and some of their families recently. It's taken it's toll on me, but each time I feel God pull me through and give me the strength to go on, even on the days where I feel like I can't do it anymore. I am so thankful that God pulls me through every time and even more thankful for the people that have been placed in my life to encourage me through the tough times!

The other night we were driving D&D home from MetroKidz and talking about graduation and the future and I let them know that if there were not enough tickets for their graduation I understood, their response was, "Mommy said you're getting a ticket, you're just as much involved in our lives as she is," and then again last night their mom said, "Wow, Ms. Colleen must love you a whole lot to..." It feels so nice to be recognized by a parents, and appreciated, especially after the week I've had with other parents.

Tonight at MetroKidz I am excited to share with the girls some of my personal testimony...and walk with the Lord, I am excited to share with them some of my life...in a more intimate and personal way.

Today I am thanking God for the opportunities he continues to present for us to Shine in Baltimore!

No comments: